POPUL8 is an Advanced Soil Biological Formula developed and manufactured by Neutrog, for exclusive distribution by Elders into the commercial markets throughout Australia.
POPUL8 can be used as a stand-alone biological additive but will equally support an existing agronomic program by boosting the efficacy of other inputs. It is designed to not only enhance plant growth and nutrient cycling but to also populate and occupy the biological space in the soil and on plant roots which may otherwise be an available space for plant pathogens to inhabit… Hence its name POPUL8.
POPUL8 contains a diverse base microbiome of some 200+ bacteria and fungi, plus a further 40 specifically selected bacteria and fungi have been identified, isolated and added for their specific purpose and beneficial characteristics.
The wide diversity of bacteria and fungi within POPUL8 are not only capable of preventing, inhibiting and suppressing disease-causing plant and soil pathogens, but at the same time are stimulating and enhancing healthy plant growth, both above and below ground.
The high number and wide diversity of specific purpose bacteria and fungi (microbes) have been added to maximize the range of functions the biologicals within POPUL8 are capable of performing, including:
- Nutrient Liberation of nutrients such as Phosphorus, Potassium and Calcium from adding microbes such as Bacillus, Penicillium and Serratia.
- Plant Pathogen Inhibition and Suppression (of pathogens such as Fusarium, Rhizoctonia and Phytophthora) through the addition of microbes such as Penicillium and Trichoderma.
- Plant Growth Hormones such as auxins and gibberellins from adding microbes such as Pseudomonas.
- Nitrogen Fixing from adding microbes such as Azotobacter (which can fix up to 40kg of nitrogen per hectare per year).
- Nutrient Cycling, mainly from its diverse base of 200+ microbes, mostly known for their ability to breakdown organic compounds.
- Bio-Stimulation from proteins, vitamins, amino acids, micro-nutrients, cellulose, fulvic and humic acids extracted from kelp, fish and leonardite.
Use 5 litres per hectare of POPUL8. Dilute POPUL8 at a rate of 1:100, however the higher the dilution the better. Spray or apply this during a time of low UV or prior to a rain event if possible. (UV and extreme hot and dry conditions will kill many of the microbes). Water in after application if possible (not required when applying via fertigation).
Use & Storage
Store in a cool place away from direct sunlight. Do not mix with fungicides or other bactericides. As this mixture contains natural products it will naturally contain a variety of living micro-organisms. Avoid inhalation of spray mist and wash hands after use. Use diluted POPUL8 within one (1) week of dilution.
POPUL8 is available in 5L, 20L and 1000L.
For more information about POPUL8, contact your local Elders distributor or Neutrog representative. POPUL8 will be available in SPRING 2022.